Develop your talent this summer in this immersion for aspiring classical pianists at the University of Washington School of Music. Study with distinguished faculty, celebrated guest artists and a select group of talented peers. Benefit from supervised practice, private lessons, master classes, and guided group discussions, while also experiencing the unique beauty of the UW campus, Seattle, and the Seattle Chamber Music Society Summer Festival.
Session I (July 7 - 17, ages 16 and up)
Faculty: Robin McCabe and Craig Sheppard
Guest faculty: Nelita True, Eastman School of Music
Students in session I will receive:
- Four lessons
- Assigned practice room facilities
- Seattle Chamber Music Festival concert attendance
- Daily masterclasses - all students will perform in one daily class
- Seminars given by UW faculty
- Showcase recital and reception
- Session 1 students will all play for Dr. Nelita True on July 12 and 13, 2013.
Session II (July 17 - 20, up to age 15)
Faculty: Robin McCabe, Craig Sheppard, Dainius Vaicekonis, and Amy Grinsteiner
*Session II will run in conjunction with session I on July 17. During the first day of session II, students will be paired with older students from Session I and will shadow them for the day, sharing in group activities and discussion.
Students in session II will receive:
- Three lessons
- Supervised practice in assigned practice rooms
- Short excursions in the area
- Daily masterclasses
- Seminar group activities
- Final showcase recital and reception on Saturday, July 20
All masterclasses during the Seattle Piano Institute are free and open to the public. Classes will be held in Brechemin Auditorium at the University of Washington.
Scholarship assistance is available. Priority application deadline is April 1, 2013. Click here to apply to Session 1. Click here to apply to Session 2. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.